Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Cook Memorial Library is to provide the resources and services needed to open doors to life-long learning; to serve as a literacy center for both adults and children; to fulfill citizens' information needs; and to offer and support cultural and recreational activities.
Library Core Values
- We will act with integrity, adhering to the basic values of honesty and fairness in serving our customers and our co-workers.
- We will treat our customers and co-workers with dignity and respect. We believe people are important.
- We will listen to our customers, tailoring and continuously improving our products and services to meet their needs.
- We will encourage employee innovation and creativity. Team work and superior performance will be recognized.
- We will protect each customer's right to privacy with respect to information sought and materials consulted or borrowed.
- We will resist censorship of information or ideas.
- We will consider it our duty to educate and inform our community of the roles and responsibilities of the library.
- We will do our job right the first time, recognizing that individual effort is an integral part of overall effort. We pledge both timeliness and accuracy in serving our customers and our co-workers.
- We will act in a professional manner, always mindful of the impression we make on our customers and co-workers.